Trending

Superior St. 2nd Ever Swap Meet Coming First Weekend In May, Vendors Wanted!


I remember my first swap meet. I bought a Fender Jaguar for $20. Sure, it came home in a cardboard box - in two pieces, no less - but I "knew a guy" who could bring dead guitars back to life and it just so happened that he owed me favor.

At my next swap meet, I bought a huge autographed promo poster of one of my favorite bands. As I handed the guy a wrinkled $20 dollar bill, I looked past the sunglasses and three days growth of beard and realized that this guy was the drummer in the band. I immediately geeked out just enough to see a hint of fear in his eyes. I shook his hand, excused myself, and rushed home to find a wall to hang my new-found treasure upon.

So, as you might have guessed by now, I have a certain fondness for swap meets. That's why I'm so gassed to announce that Superior St. will be throwing its 2nd Ever Superior St. Swap Meet during the first weekend of May. Exact date/time info will be announced soon, but we wanted to make the announcement sooner rather than later in order to properly gauge interest.

Will it be a one-day thing, or a two-day "swap meet-apalooza"? That all depends on the level of interest. We at Superior St. are dedicated to making this a sweet deal for all concerned. For starters, the fee for vendors is NON-EXISTENT. That's right, you get to set up a table and sell for FREE. While we encourage any and all Superior St. clients to participate, the swap meet is open to all musicians, musician's girlfriends, friends, and creative types who have wares to sell.

Looking to sell your collection of '70s vinyl, those sparkly stage outfits from your last glam-band, or that set of drums you haven't played since you got your new DW set? Well, this would be the place to do it. We're also open to those interested in selling their own homemade jewelry, or whatever cool and creative stuff you cats and kittens wish to make available to potential buyers.

As with all Superior St. shindigs, ample food and drinks will be provided. Having seen some of the spreads the amazing Superior St. staff has laid out for past events, that alone is worth the price of admission, right there.

So, if you're interested in being a vendor, we ask that you contact Mike Levine via email at mlevine@superiorst.com ASAP. Let him know what sort of items you might be selling and he'll provide you with further information.

Hope to see you there!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post