Trending

Song In New Dodge Dart Commercial: Did Kanye West & Jay-Z "Borrow" Riff From New Model Army Song?



Being a total music geek (and lover of lost causes, it would seem) I can't help but notice how familiar the tune used in the new Dodge Dart commercial is to one of my favorite New Model Army songs, "Poison Street', from their sorely underrated 1986 album, Ghost Of Cain.



The song, it turns out, is an instrumental version of Jay-Z and Kanye West's "No Church In The Wild", which means it should come as no surprise whatsoever that either of these cats might lift something from another song rather than create anything on their own.\



Am I saying that Jay-Z and Kanye knowingly swiped the lick, thinking that nobody but the most astute musical ears might pick up on their musical five-finger discount?  No, all I'm saying is that, yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.  But, hey, don't listen to me.



Here's a YouTube clip of New Model Army's tune.  You be the judge!



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post