Trending

Songs Of The Day: Yuck "Rebirth" and Hebronix "Viral"




When Yuck released their brilliant self-titled debut album in early 2011, I figured it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the world was going ga-ga over them.  While they managed to make some sizable waves in their homeland of Britain with their dreamy brand of My Bloody Valentine-inspired psych-rock, they remained a secret to all but a chosen few here in the States, where "shoegaze" never quite caught on.

Upon hearing that singer Daniel Blumberg had left the band earlier this year, I feared that all of the promise that the first Yuck album had bestowed upon the world would never be realized, but I am immensely happy to have been proven wrong, as both Yuck (now down to a trio) and Blumberg (performing under the name Hebronix) return with soe very exciting new music that I couldn't wait to share with you.  

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post