Trending

Song of The Day: Mariah Carey Covers Def Leppard's 'Bringin' On The Heartache'!


So there I was at the Cheap Trick concert with my then-girlfriend, who, while strikingly hot, stood with a polite, but dour expression for the entire 45 minutes that Cheap Trick played, then sighed like a polite whoopie cushion as we watched the stage be set for the headliner Def Leppard, who, if I remember correctly, were promoting their Sparkle Lounge album.

Now, I'm not one to criticize a band for maturing, but you'd never catch Iron Maiden or Judas Priest naming one of their albums "Sparkle Lounge".

Had it not been for my faint remembrances of a time when the band's second album High & Dry had blown my doors off with its twin-guitar riffage and edgy pop hooks as a teenager, I'd have called it a night, but chose to stick around to catch the Mighty Lep.



About five songs in, as Joe Elliot began to wrap his Autotuned and double-tracked voice around "Bringing On The Heartache", my date's eyes widened and she immediately grabbed me to slow dance.

We were on the floor in general admission anyway, so I obliged and only managed to step on her feet a dozen or so times while pondering just why this song had brought her out of her coma.

I needn't have wondered, I guess. As the song ended, she kissed me on the cheek and asked, "Do they do any other Mariah Carey songs?"

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post