Trending

WTF?! Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones Join Forces On "Foreverly"!


There are few musical pairings that will illicit a louder "WTF?!" than the new duet project from Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong and jazz-pop songstress Norah Jones.  While we do not begrudge either artist the chance to shine sorely-needed light upon the songs and locked-in vocal harmonies of brothers Phil and Don Everly.
"I've been a big fan of The Everly Brothers since I was a little boy," Armstrong says. "A couple of years ago, I discovered Songs Our Daddy Taught Us for the first time, and I fell in love with it. I was playing it every day and thought it would be a cool idea to re-do the record, but with a female singer. I thought of Norah because she can sing anything, from rock to jazz to blues, and I knew her harmonies would be amazing. I thought the songs would take on a different meaning working with her, and she has a really good ear for arrangements. I was mainly intrigued by these old traditionals, country songs, and hymns. When we were done with the album, Norah looked at me and said, 'I bet you didn't think you were going to make a country record, huh?'"
The track-listing for Foreverly, which is due out November 25th, is as follows:
 
"Roving Gambler"
"Long Time Gone"
"Lightning Express"
"That Silver Haired Daddy Of Mine"
"Down In The Willow Garden"
"Who's Gonna Shoe Your Pretty Little Feet"
"Oh So Many Years"
"Barbara Allen"
"Rockin' Alone (In An Old Rockin' Chair"
"I'm Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail"
"Kentucky"
"Put My Little Shoes Away"

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post